This colourful, Pinterest-worthy lunch is much more satisfying than shop-brought instant pot noodles, as well as being better for you too. You can make it ahead of time and just pour in hot water when you’re ready to eat. Don’t worry if you don’t have a jar, it works just a well in a bowl!
Make in 10 minutes
- 3 of your 5 a day
- Vegan (but check the tom yum paste as it may contain shrimp or fish sauce, you can buy a vegan version)
- 40g instant rice noodles
- 40g frozen edamame beans
- ½ x 1 carrot, finely chopped into sticks
- ½ x 1 pepper, diced
- 2 pak choi leaves, shredded
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- handful of beansprouts, washed
- 20g miso paste
- ½ tsp of tom yum paste
- Put all the ingredients into a glass jar (I used a mason jar with 700ml capacity). Store in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to eat, fill the jar with boiling water from the kettle until two-thirds full.
- Leave for 5 minutes for the noodles and vegetables to heat through, then tuck in.
Find tom yum paste in oriental supermarkets or in the World Foods aisle of big supermarkets. Most varieties contain fish sauce and/or shrimp, but vegan versions are available.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it!