This super easy brunch recipe is taken from Sarah Philpott’s beautiful new book The Occasional Vegan. This pea and avocado spread, also known as God’s butter, tastes amazing! There’s a sweetness of ginger, a kick of chilli and a hint of lime. It’s a perfect treat when you’re working from home, as it’s so quick to make. Do grab yourself a copy of the Occasional Vegan here – it’s a gorgeous book full of simple vegan recipes. (And take it from me, the chocolate orange brownies are just divine).
Make in 5 – 10 minutes
- 2 of your 5 a day
- Gluten free
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- ½ red chilli, finely sliced with seeds removed
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ lime, juiced
- bread, toasted, to serve
- Boil or steam the peas for 2-3 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl, use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocado with the chilli, ginger and mint, then add the peas and continue mashing until well combined.
- Stir through the tahini and lime juice. Spread onto toast to serve.
Save some peas from dinner to use in this recipe – making it even quicker!
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it: