This recipe is a really guilty pleasure. I try not to keep biscuits or cake in the house so if I fancy a treat I’m forced to go to the shops. This usually means I don’t bother, and end up eating something healthier instead. But (un)fortunately for me – and you – I’ve discovered the wonders of the microwave mug cake. It just so happens to be pretty quick to throw together and uses ingredients I usually have in the cupboard. And it’s delicious! Great (I think…!)
Make in 5 minutes
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp strong coffee, cold
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- Put the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into your biggest (oversized) mug and mix well.
- Beat in the egg with a fork, then add in the milk, coffee and oil. Stir until smooth.
- Cook for 1 ½-2 minutes in the microwave, until it has stopped rising. Make sure you keep your eye on it!
If you don’t have any coffee, just add in 3 tbsp of milk instead – it works just as well!
If you love it, dont’ forget to Pin it!