Fancy a sneaky fry up when working from home, but can’t spare the time? This vegetarian version can be popped in the oven, where it’ll cook away while you answer a few emails. Not only is this much less bother (and washing up!), it’s also quite a bit healthier. It makes a perfect easy breakfast or brunch treat.
Make in 20 minutes
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Put the mushrooms into an oven proof dish, drizzle with the oil and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the dish, making two gaps for the eggs. Crack in the eggs and return to the oven for 6-8 minutes, until the eggs are just set.
This recipe is a great jumping-off point for using up what you’ve got in the fridge. There’s loads of other things you could add to it – spinach, halloumi or sweet potato. Or if you’re a meat-eater, there are the obvious contenders or give it a continental twist with a bit of chorizo.
Don’t forget to pin it: