These quesadilla can be thrown together in just ten minutes and are packed full of veggies, using store cupboard ingredients. You can’t go wrong!
Make in 10 minutes
- 100g tinned black beans
- 80g sweetcorn
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 40g Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a bowl mix together the black beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes, cheese and coriander.
- Spoon the mixture onto one tortilla wrap, spreading it out evenly all the way to the edge of the wrap.
- Place the second tortilla on top of the mixture and press down with your hands to make sure that the whole lot is pressed firmly together. This will prevent the quesadilla falling apart during cooking.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the quesadilla and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until brown. Take care when turning over the quesadilla, as the filling is fairly heavy and can fall out!
- Once cooked, leave to cool for a minute or two – this will allow the tortillas to crisp up a little and the cheese to solidify, making it easier to pick up and tuck into.
Cooked sweet potato tastes great in these too as it add a nice touch of sweetness. If you have some leftover from another meal it’s a great way to use them up – just give them a mash and add them to the mixture instead of the tomatoes.
If you love it, don’t forget to Pin it!