Yep, peas on toast. It’s just peas on some toast, but it’s so good and so easy. And using frozen peas means you don’t have to have much in the fridge for this to work. You could play around with it and add some fancy cheese (goats, feta, blue?), or a pinch of chilli, or even add some avocado in there. But I like to keep it simple – peas, lemon and parsley. Yum.
Make in under 5 minutes
- contains 1 of your 5 a day
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- Put the peas into a dish with a small amount of cold water, cover and pop in the microwave for 1 minute.
- While the peas are cooking, put the bread in the toaster.
- Drain the cooked peas, squeeze over some lemon juice, scatter with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash together with a fork until well combined.
- Spread the mashed pea mixture on top of your toast and enjoy!
You don’t have to mash the pea mixture very much, but the more you go at it the less likely it is to fall off the toast all over your keyboard!
If you’re feeling fancy, sourdough toast works wonderfully here.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it: