Yep, peas on toast. It’s just peas on some toast, but it’s so good and so easy. And using frozen peas means you don’t have to have much in the fridge for this to work. You could play around with it and add some fancy cheese (goats, feta, blue?), or a pinch of chilli, or even add some avocado in there. But I like it simple – peas, lemon and parsley. Yum.
Make in under 5 minutes
– serves 1
– contains 1 of your 5 a day
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 slices of toast (sourdough if you’re feeling fancy)
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- Put the peas into a dish with a small amount of water, cover and pop in the microwave for 1 minute.
- While the peas are cooking, put the toast in the toaster.
- When the peas have finished drain them, add a squeeze of lemon, the parsley and salt and pepper and mash together with a fork.
- Pop the mashed pea mixture on top of your toast and enjoy!
You don’t have to mash the pea mixture very much, but the more you mash the less likely it is to fall off the toast all over your keyboard!