Do you often find yourself resorting to a slice of dry toast for lunch when you work from home? With a bit of cheese from the back of the fridge, if you’re feeling fancy? You’re not alone.
A lot of freelancers or people who work from home find it hard to prioritise cooking when there is work to be done. But all is not lost… here are 14 super quick and simple recipes to keep hunger at bay, without taking too much time out of the working day.
- Hot smoked salmon & bean tagliatelle: Quick, easy and bursting with flavour – this takes no time at all, especially if using fresh pasta. And it sneakily contains 3 portions of vegetables… (via The Freelancer’s Cookbook)
- Hummus salad pizza: Always eating hummus and pitta bread for lunch? Here’s a great twist on the classic combo. It’s vegan too! (via Lauren Caris Cooks)
- Ricotta toasts: Alright, alright – this one does involve toast, but at least it is Instagram-able toast. Go on, make it and take a picture. You know you want to. (via This Healthy Table)
- Homemade instant noodle soup: This colourful, Pinterest-worthy lunch is much more satisfying than shop-brought instant pot noodles, as well as being better for you too. You can make it ahead of time and just pour in hot water when you’re ready to eat! (via The Freelancer’s Cookbook)
- Honey ham, gouda and apple quesadillas: It sounds weird, but this is oh so good… and as promised, super quick and easy. A perfect freelancer’s lunch. (via Simple Seasonal)
- Black bean taco bowl: Totally on trend – a healthy taco bowl that can be thrown together in just five minutes. So many veggies too! (via Umami Girl)
- Gnocchi with feta, spinach and peas: This recipe requires absolutely no chopping at all, plus uses frozen veggies – making it a great meal to cook when you’re low on time and staring into an empty fridge. (And, of course it’s super tasty too). (via The Freelancer’s Cookbook)
- Easy Mediterranean chicken wraps: Who can resist these colourful wraps – they’re incredibly easy to put together and absolutely bursting with flavour! (via Coffee and Crayons)
- Five minute quinoa salad: You don’t need to be a hipster to eat quinoa for lunch – all you need is just 5 minutes and 6 ingredients… (via Contentedness Cooking)
- Tuna pizza bagel: A bagel with an Italian-inspired twist – just add your toppings and pop this pizza-bagel hybrid under the grill. Gooey and delicious. (via The Freelancer’s Cookbook)
- Easy Chipotle Shrimp Taco: Get on Facebook and gloat to your office-dwelling friends… It’s shrimp tacos for lunch! (They’ll never know that they only take 15 minutes to make…) (via Lively Table)
- Mediterranean Omelette: The list wouldn’t be complete without a quick and easy omelette, and this one is an absolute corker. (via Closet Cooking)
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it!