This meal may well look indulgent, but it does include at least 3 portions of vegetables – so surely that counteracts the crisps and cheese! Either way, it makes a brilliant quick and easy meal.
Make in 35 minutes (5 minutes prep time, 30 minutes oven time)
– serves 1
– contains 3 of your 5 a day
– gluten free (check the tortilla crisps)
- 1 pepper, chopped into large chunks
- half a red onion, sliced
- 100g lightly salted tortilla crisp
- 200g tinned black beans
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- 50g cheese, grated
- handful of sliced jalapeno peppers (from a jar)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- handful of coriander, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Add the pepper and red onion into a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the baking tray and layer up your nachos. Starting with tortilla crisps first, then the black beans, peppers, onions, sweetcorn, jalapenos peppers and lastly the cheese.
- Pop the loaded baking tray back in the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream and coriander.
Some chopped avocado or guacamole would work nicely with this too – just pop it on right at the end, just before serving.