This meal may well look indulgent, but it does include at least 3 portions of vegetables – so surely that counteracts the crisps and cheese! Either way, it makes a brilliant quick and easy meal.
Make in 35 minutes (5 minutes prep time, 30 minutes oven time)
– gluten-free (check the tortilla crisps)
- 1 pepper, chopped into large chunks
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 100g lightly salted tortilla crisps
- 200g tinned black beans
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- handful of sliced jalapeño peppers (from a jar)
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- handful of coriander, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the pepper and red onion on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the baking tray and layer up your nachos. Start with the tortilla crisps first, then the black beans, the roasted peppers and onions, sweetcorn, jalapenos peppers and lastly the cheese.
- Pop the loaded baking tray back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream and garnish with the coriander.
Some chopped avocado or guacamole would work nicely with this too – pop it on right at the end, just before serving.
Don’t forget to pin it: