This is an easy one-pot slow cooker meal that feels wonderfully indulgent. There’s no need to make anything else to go with it, as the pasta cooks right there with it. You might want to pour yourself a glass of wine though…
Make in 4 hours 20 minutes (20 minutes prep, 4 hours cooking)
- 800g skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 200g olives
- 2 x 400ml tins of tomatoes
- 390ml passata
- 200ml red wine
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed (no need to chop)
- 50g tin of anchovies, oil drained
- 180g orzo
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Cook the chicken for a 3-4 minutes each side, until browned (it won’t be cooked though at this stage but don’t worry). If you fancy multitasking this is a good time to chop the carrots and mushrooms too.
2. Put all the ingredients, apart from the orzo, into the slow cooker on high for 2 hours
3. Stir the orzo into the slow cooker and cook on high again for another 2 hours.
If you’re going to be out, or you think you might forget to put the orzo in after two hours, just pop it in at the start with everything else and set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. It works just as well, you might just find the orzo is a bit on the mushy side though, which is why I prefer to pop mine in half-way through.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it…