This is a super quick recipe, but if you want to give the paneer a bigger hit of flavour you could always leave it marinading for a couple of hours or even over night.
Make in 15 minutes
– Serves 1
– 2 of your 5 a day
- 50g paneer cheese, chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp of balti curry paste (or whatever curry paste you have)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 large naan bread
- 1 tbsp of passata
- quarter of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pepper of any colour (or half of two different colours), sliced
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Put the chopped paneer cheese into a bowl, with the curry paste and lemon juice. Stir together until the paneer is fully coated.
- Lay the naan bread on a baking tray.
- Spread the passata thinly on the naan.
- Add the paneer on top of the naan, along with the onion and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the paneer is golden.