This is a super quick recipe, which is perfect at the end of a long day working from home. If you want to give the paneer an even bigger hit of flavour you could always leave it to marinate for a couple of hours or even over night.
Make in 15 minutes
- 50g paneer cheese, chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp balti curry paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large naan bread
- 1 tbsp passata
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pepper of any colour (or half of two different colours), sliced
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Put the chopped paneer in a bowl along with the curry paste and lemon juice. Mix together until the paneer is fully coated.
- Lay the naan bread on a baking tray.
- Spread the passata thinly onto the naan.
- Add the paneer on top of the naan, along with the onion and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the paneer is golden.
You can find paneer cheese in Indian corner shops or in the world foods aisle of larger supermarkets.
If you don’t have balti curry paste, you can use whichever curry paste you have on hand.
Don’t forget to pin it: