This recipe is exactly as the title suggests – vegetables roasted in the oven with feta and pesto stirred through. It’s pretty simple to make, but feels really quite indulgent. Amazingly, the roasted cauliflower is one of the tastiest vegetables I’ve eaten. Usually I find cauliflower pretty underwhelming, but accidentally adding it to this dish resulted in a bit of a revelation.
Make in 40 minutes (with a 15-minute and a 20-minute break)
- Gluten free
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150g baby potatoes
- 60g cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- ½ red onion
- ½ courgette
- ½ yellow pepper
- 100g tomatoes
- 50g feta, chopped into small chunks
- 1 tsp pesto
1. Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Add the oil to the roasting tin and transfer to a the preheated oven until the oil is hot.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots and cauliflower to the hot oil in the roasting tin and cook for 15 minutes. Use this time to get back to work, if you like.
3. Give the vegetables a bit of a shake and add in the onion, courgette, pepper and tomatoes for a further 20 minutes. Pop back to your desk again for a bit?
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, stir in the feta and pesto and serve.
You don’t need to stick to the exact vegetables specified here, just use whatever you’ve got in the fridge – just remember to put the harder, root veg in first, followed by the fleshier, thinner ones fifteen minutes later.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it: