It’s taken a while, but at last I’ve come up with a super quick, healthy alternative my old go-to meal of pasta, cheese and peas. It’s easy to make and includes three portions of veg for the day and one portion of oily fish.
Make in 5 minutes
- Serves 1
- 3 of your 5 a day
- Dairy free
- 125g fresh wholewheat tagliatelle
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen soya beans
- 1/2 avocado, skin and stone removed
- 80g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- dash of lime juice
- Pop the pasta, peas and soya beans into a pan of boiling water and simmmer for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a hand blender to whizz up the avocado with a small splash of water. If you don’t have a blender, just give it a quick mash with a potato masher.
- Drain the pasta, peas and soyabeans and mix in the avocado and flaked hot smoked salmon. Serve, with a dash of lime juice.
There’s a super easy way to get the avocado flesh out of the skin… first use a knife to cut the avocado in half around the stone, then twist the two halves so they come away. Then peel the skin off the flesh just like you’re peeling an orange.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it!