It’s taken a while, but at last I’ve come up with a healthier alternative to my old standby working-from-home meal of cheesy pasta with peas. It’s easy to make and includes three portions of veg and one portion of heart-healthy oily fish.
Make in 5 minutes
- Serves 1
- 3 of your 5 a day
- Dairy free
- 125g fresh wholewheat tagliatelle
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen soya beans
- ½ avocado, skin and stone removed
- 80g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- dash of lime juice
- Pop the pasta, peas and soya beans into a pan of boiling water and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a hand blender to whizz up the avocado with a small splash of water. If you don’t have a blender, give it a quick mash with a potato masher or a fork.
- Drain the pasta, peas and soyabeans and mix in the avocado and flaked hot smoked salmon. Serve, with a dash of lime juice.
There’s a super easy way to get the avocado flesh out of the skin… first use a knife to cut the avocado in half around the stone, then twist the two halves so they come away. Then peel the skin off the flesh just like you’re peeling an orange.
Substitute the hot smoked salmon for whatever oily tinned fish you have on hand – mackerel would work particularly well.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it!