I’ve categorised this as Quick Cook recipe, however it does require 12 minutes in the oven so you could sneak back to your desk for an email or two, if you like (or you could just have a well earned rest). This recipe is super easy and requires minimal fussing. Premade puff pastry is great – pop your topping on, then into the oven and you’re done. You almost don’t need a recipe… but here it is anyway!
Made in less than 20 minutes (12 minutes in the oven)
- Serves 1
- 175 x 230 mm puff pastry sheet
(I used Jus-Rol puff sheet cut in half)
- 100g flame roasted peppers from a jar
- 50g goats cheese, sliced
- 15g pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a baking tray, keeping the baking paper on the bottom if your premade pastry has it (if not pop some baking paper on the tray firs to stop it from sticking).
- With a sharp knife score a line in the pastry a couple of centimetres from the edge.
- Place on the goats cheese, peppers and pine nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, until golden.
The pastry will be a little bit easier to handle and less likely to crack if it’s at room temperature, but it’s not essential. If you remember just get it out of the fridge for a bit before you start cooking.