If eggs aren’t one of your go-to ingredients for a quick lunch or brunch, they really should be. This frittata is full of veg, super quick to make, and can be eaten hot or cold. Just perfect for fitting in around the demands of your work.
Make in 10 minutes
- 1 tsp oil
- 50g pancetta
- 40g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 40g spinach
- salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Meanwhile, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Tip in the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until they are slightly soft.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute, until wilted, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat of the hob and pour the beaten eggs on top of the pancetta, mushrooms and spinach.
- Cook undisturbed for 3 minutes or until the eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top, and pop the frittata under the grill for 2 minutes to brown the top, keeping an eye on it to check it doesn’t burn.
Play around with the fillings here if you fancy it – try ham or chorizo or Cheddar or feta. This is a great basic recipe – that’s easy to play around with. Just make sure all your ingredients are cooked before adding in the eggs.